More than one toe in the water...

Monday, January 30, 2006

I placed my first order today for yarns to knit the winter collection 2006. After weeks of deliberation, I decided this series would lean towards the soft, organic, and natural. Pale without being baby, with a predominance of violets and cream. What I ordered:

Louisa Harding Kimono Angora
Louisa Harding Kashmir
Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk
Rowan 4ply Soft

Obviously my bank account is hurting right now, but since it'll be sent out again to be sold I don't feel *too* much panic. :) I already have some designs in my head and plan to spend the afternoon doing some drawings. I wish the yarn was here now though, rather than having to wait. Well, you never get what you really want, and I needed a chance to finish my Chamonix sweater anyway. (I am through the body and nearly done with sleeve 1, in case you're wondering.)

I also have the Karabella Magritte from my SP... which I love. I am really thinking about doing a collection out of cashmere yarn, but it'll have to wait til I have the extra money to afford it. I don't want to do low-quality stuff just to have "cashmere" on the label; better to sit on my hands til I can use the real thing.

0 comments: