Stash enhancement update

Monday, October 24, 2005

This last few weeks have been really hard. It sounds stupid, I know, because we've had a good time visiting different places, renting movies and stuff. But my show is always on my mind and it's like a can't relax, I feel like a caged animal, just pacing and waiting to be let out. it doesn't help I put off a lot of other classwork to work on the show, didn't get as much done as I thought, and now I have this mountain in front of me. Any words of encouragement you guys have would be appreciated today.

Not surprisingly, I turned to retail therapy to assure myself all was well. TO be fair, it was on sale, and only things I wanted anyway so I don't feel too much like an ass. From a gal on Knitter's Review I bought two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, one in Aslan (I love Chronicles of Narnia!) and one in Sand Ridge, which I think I will give to Emily at work since she really likes that colorway and she's knitting tons for her nephew. I also bought, FOR ME, two skeins of Shepherd Sock in Springer, which I liked because the colors seem sort of zen. I had to fight myself to keep from buying the single skein of Pewter that she had. PLUS my mom is bringing me a skein of LL Worsted in Happy Valley (my favorite!!) to make my class model out of.

I'll post a picture of the Saranac I am knitting for Mark as soon as I get a couple more inches done. It's going slowly. The Happy Valley socks (for my mom, oddly) are stalled at the second heel. Why, I don't know. I guess I hate picking up stitches more than I realized.

It just seems like a lot right now. I should have a cry and a nap and get back to it.

0 comments: